It’s that time of year again. Time to start planning your 2022 digital marketing strategy. By planning ahead for your 2022 marketing activity, you’ll be able to react quickly to changes and plan campaigns around the biggest events of the year as well as planning for potentially quieter periods. We’ve put together a handy downloadable marketing calendar for 2022 to help get your new year marketing off to a flying start.
Why Use a Digital Marketing Calendar?
Using a digital marketing calendar to plot out key events during the year lets you plan for important campaigns, such as the Black Friday sales. If your company uses social media, using a social media calendar or content planner allows you to plan content for potentially trending topics ahead of time and use national and international events to connect with your audiences. As one of the most cost-effective ways to ensure 2022 marketing success, a clear content marketing plan is key to making the most out of your marketing content, ensuring a steady stream of optimised content throughout the year, ready to convert. Our free content calendar will help you keep on top of every top marketing date for 2022 and more in order to generate inbound leads that are relevant for your website.
What Should I Include in a Digital Marketing Calendar?
When creating your marketing calendar for 2022 it is important to include a few key things. In order to sync your digital calendar with your business goals, include key advertising campaigns and social media campaign dates to allow your team to plan ahead with their 2022 marketing activity. One of the main features of your 2022 digital marketing calendar will be key dates across the year that may affect your online marketing plan and business goals. Does your industry experience slumps at particular times of the year? Are there times when business booms and are there any national or international dates that may affect your marketing? These should all be included in your marketing strategy. Whilst you are planning your 2022 marketing strategy, you may already have set content ideas in place such as social media campaigns, blog content and new website additions based around new products, sales or other business developments. Adding these into your 2022 digital marketing calendar will ensure your marketing team is ready for the year ahead and can produce the right marketing content at the right time. This will also allow you to see your marketing plans alongside key 2022 events giving your marketing executives plenty of time to see any clashes or things that may potentially affect your content marketing plans.
Key Marketing Dates for 2022 by Month
Struggling to keep track of all of the digital marketing dates out there? We’ve pulled together the top national and international dates for 2022 month by month in a downloadable PDF calendar to help you keep track and plan ahead for marketing success in 2022. Take a look at our 2022 marketing timeline below for key marketing dates and national holidays to help you plan your content calendar for the year ahead.
The month of fresh starts and #newyearnewme resolutions, January is the home of Veganuary and Dry January and offers the perfect platform for health and fitness or wellbeing brands looking to capitalise on the nation’s healthy mindset as we move into the new year 2022.
- Sat 01 Jan – New Year’s Day
- Mon 17 Jan – Blue Monday/Brew Monday
- Tue 25 Jan – Burn’s Night
- Wed 26 Jan – Australia Day
- Thur 27 Jan – Chocolate Cake Day
February is the month of romance and kindness and the home of Valentines day and Galentines day. LGBT History Month spread the message of acceptance and awareness with fun events such as Yorkshire Pudding day and National Pizza day leading the way with foodie celebrations and Chinese New Year celebrations to look forward to.
- Tue 01 Feb – Chinese New Year
- Sun 06 Feb – Yorkshire Pudding Day
- Wed 09 Feb – National Pizza Day
- Sun 13 Feb – Galentines Day
- Mon 14 Feb – Valentines Day
- Thur 17 Feb – Random Acts of Kindness Day
- Sun 20 Feb – Love your Pet Day
March is the month the UK celebrates two of its Saints days with the yearly event of Pancake Day getting the nation flipping. International women’s day and World Book Day both call March home with Holi taking place, Spring making its start and Mothering Sunday falling at the end of the month.
- Tue 01 Mar – St David’s Day
- Tue 01 Mar – Pancake Day/Shrove Tuesday
- Thur 03 Mar – World Book Day
- Tue 08 Mar – International Women’s Day
- Sun 13 Mar – BAFTAs
- Thur 17 Mar – St Patrick’s Day
- Fri 18 Mar – Red Nose Day
- Thur 17 – Fri 18 Mar – Holi
- Sun 20 Mar – First day of Spring & International Day of Happiness
- Sun 27 Mar – Mother’s Day
Known as the month of April showers, April marks the start of Ramadan along with Easter celebrations and the fun of April Fool’s Day and National Tea Day. These are the top marketing dates for April 2022 with some chances to have fun with your marketing activity.
- Fri 01 Apr – April Fool’s Day
- Sun 10 Apr – Siblings Day
- Mon 11 Apr – National Pet Day
- Fri 15 Apr – Good Friday
- Sun 17 Apr – Easter Sunday
- Mon 18 Apr – Easter Monday
- Thur 21 Apr – National Tea Day
- Fri 22 Apr – Earth Day
- Sat 23 Apr – St George’s Day
May the fourth be with you! May is home to a number of colour celebrations including Cinco de Mayo, the International Day of Light and Chelsea Flower Show as spring gets into full swing ahead of the promise of summer and nature blooming into life.
- Mon 02 May – May Day
- Wed 04 May – Star Wars Day
- Thur 05 May – Cinco de Mayo
- Mon 16 May – International Day of Light
- Mon 16 – Sun 22 May National Vegetarian Week
- Fri 20 May – World Bee Day
- Tue 24 – Sat 28 May Chelsea Flower Show
As the weather gets warmer, Pride Month sets into full swing with nationwide and worldwide celebrations all celebrating Pride. This year, the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee provides an extra bank holiday whilst world gin day, best friends day, father’s day and more all offer more reasons for celebration.
- Thur 02 Jun – Spring Bank Holiday
- Fri 03 Jun – The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- Sat 04 Jun – National Cheese Day
- Wed 08 Jun – Best Friends Day
- Fri 10 Jun – World Gin Day
- Fri 10 – Sun 12 Jun – Download Festival
- Wed 15 Jun – National Beer Day
- Sat 18 – Sun 26 Jun – National Picnic Week
- Sun 19 Jun – Father’s Day
- Tue 21 Jun – Summer Solstice/Beginning of Summer
- Wed 22 Jun – National Selfie Day
- Wed 22 – Sun 26 Jun – Glastonbury Festival
- Mon 27 Jun – Wimbledon Starts
July offers a world of summer fun as the weather heats up and a number of key marketing dates for 2022. American Independence day and World Chocolate Day both take place in July as well as Eid al-Adha and the Women’s Euros 2021.
- Mon 04 Jul – American Independence Day
- Wed 06 – Sun 31 Jul – Women’s Euros 2021
- Thur 07 Jul – World Chocolate Day
- Sat 09 Jul – Eid al-Adha begins
- Sun 17 Jul – World Emoji Day
The month of festivals, August is home to the Reading Festival and the Notting Hill Carnival alongside the summer bank holiday and school holidays for the UK. Whilst this can cause a dip in sales for some businesses, others come into their own with the prime time for selling to sun-seeking Brits.
- Mon 01 Aug – National Girlfriend Day
- Fri 05 Aug – International Beer Day
- Wed 10 Aug – National Lazy Day
- Sat 13 Aug – National Prosecco Day
- Tue 23 – Thur 25 Aug – Reading Festival
- Sat 27 – Sun 28 Aug – Notting Hill Carnival
- Mon 29 Aug – Summer Bank Holiday
September marks back to school month as well as the International day of peace and other days dedicated to building bridges. International literacy day carries through the theme of education as the last days of summer draw in.
- Thur 08 Sept – International Literacy Day
- Sat 10 Sept – World Suicide Prevention Day
- Tue 13 Sept – International Chocolate Day
- Wed 21 Sept – International Day of Peace
- Mon 26 Sept – European Day of Languages
Double double toil and trouble, the spooky season is here as Halloween sets the theme for October. Black History Month sparks conversations whilst Breast Cancer Awareness Month aims to raise awareness alongside World Mental Health Day.
Black History Month, Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Sat 01 Oct – International Coffee Day & World Vegetarian Day
- Fri 07 Oct – National Poetry Day & World Smile Day
- Mon 10 Oct – World Mental Health Day
- Sun 16 Oct – World Food Day
- Mon 31 Oct – Halloween
Will you be celebrating Movember this year? With bonfires galore and Black Friday offering ample time for treats, Remembrance Day offers a time for reflection.
- Tue 01 Nov – World Vegan Day
- Sat 05 Nov – Bonfire Night/ Guy Fawkes Night
- Fri 11 Nov – Remembrance Day
- Sun 13 Nov – Remembrance Sunday
- Thur 24 Nov – Thanksgiving
- Fri 25 Nov – Black Friday
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! December is prime time for shoppers buying last-minute gifts for the festive season with the nation celebrating Christmas in December. Christmas Jumper Day offers a day of fun with a festive twist.
- Sun 11 Dec – Christmas Jumper Day
- Sat 24 Dec – Christmas Eve
- Sun 25 Dec – Christmas Day
- Mon 26 Dec – Boxing Day
- Sat 31 Dec – New Year’s Eve
Content Strategy for 2022
Whatever industry your business is in, content strategy is key for digital marketing success in 2022. If you are looking for help and advice to propel your digital marketing to success, contact the team at SEM Consultants to get started. Confused by all of the digital marketing terms going around? Take a look at our A-Z of digital marketing terms for all of the key marketing terms you need to help your business have the best marketing year yet.
Looking for a full 2022 marketing calendar with all the year’s key dates? Click the link below for a PDF marketing calendar 2022 with all of the above dates and more or download your month by month digital marketing calendars. For more help building your digital marketing strategy, get in touch online or call 0121 552 6500.
Digital Marketing Calendars by Month: