With the end of 2022 fast approaching, now is the time to start planning your 2023 marketing activity. Creating a marketing plan for 2023 now means that you’ll be prepared for potential marketing opportunities and plan for disruptions caused by national or international events. We’ve pulled together a free downloadable guide to 2023’s digital marketing dates to help you prepare for a new year of marketing success.
Why is it Important to Plan for 2023 Digital Marketing Now?
When it comes to digital marketing, having intuitive, relevant marketing is key. Knowing the top marketing dates for 2023 now can help you plan around slow periods and generate fun content ideas that will help your digital marketing campaigns get off to a winning start. The best way to prepare your marketing for the new year is to create a digital marketing plan now containing all of the key dates and content you would like to generate. This can help you to identify areas to capitalize on and make sure any prep for events and seasonal peaks is completed well ahead of time.
Planning for the year ahead also allows you to take into account any recent marketing trends such as influencer marketing and video content lengths. HubSpot, for example, predicts that more brands will test out native ads in 2023 and that influencer marketing will evolve into a common marketing tactic.
Creating a marketing calendar, whether it is a monthly marketing calendar, quarterly calendar, or a yearly digital marketing calendar is key to campaign success. Planning ahead lets you brainstorm topic ideas based on seasonal changes. It also allows you to create a strategic digital marketing plan based on previous data and allows you to anticipate monthly fluctuations. Having a plan allows you to spend less time planning posts each month and more time strategising to make your digital marketing a success.
What Should I Include in my 2023 Digital Marketing Plan?
Your digital marketing strategy for 2023 should be personal to your business. Are there certain times of the year during which your business becomes busier or are there any annual quiet periods for your business? Planning your marketing around these industry or business changes can help your marketing strategy be more successful year-round.
One of the main elements of your 2023 marketing plan should be any yearly key dates that may affect your business. For example, the Christmas period is often a time of change for businesses where they either see a boom in sales if product-focused or perhaps a lull in business if more business-focused. If you are planning to launch any new products or services in the new year, these should also be included in your 2023 marketing strategy to ensure that appropriate marketing content is planned around their launch. Planning for the year ahead means that you can plan the right content at the right time so that it resonates with your target audience.
Key 2023 Marketing Dates
Whatever industry your business is in, we’ve pulled together some of the key marketing dates for 2023 to help you generate marketing ideas and strategy for the year ahead. From Easter Sunday to World Mental Health Day, we’ve included plenty of marketing date ideas for you, whatever your business type. Don’t have time to design your own digital marketing calendar? We’ve done the hard work for you. Find the full year marketing calendar download here or take a look below for a month-by-month breakdown of the year’s top marketing dates.
January Marketing Dates
Home to Dry January, Ginuary and Veganuary, January is the month of fresh starts including some fun events to work into your January 2023 marketing strategy.
- 01 Jan – New Year’s Day
- 5th Jan – Twelfth Night
- 6th Jan – National Shortbread Day
- 11th Jan – World Thank You Day
- 17th Jan – Blue Monday
- 20th Jan – National Cheese Lovers Day
- 22nd Jan Chinese New Year
- 25 Jan – Burns Night
- 26th Jan – Australia Day
- 27th Jan – Chocolate Cake Day
- 31st Jan – Hogmanay
February Marketing Dates
Home to LGBT History Month, February also hosts Blue Monday and Pancake Day with some added foodie events to fill your digital marketing planner.
- 4th Feb – World Cancer Day
- 5th Feb – World Nutella Day/Yorkshire Pudding Day
- 14th Feb – Valentine’s Day
- 16 Feb – Blue Monday
- 20 Feb – Love Your Pet Day
- 21 Feb – Shrove Tuesday/Pancake Day
- 22 Feb – Ash Wednesday
March Marketing Dates
Ring in spring with a whole host of marketing dates in March 2023. March is a time to treat mothers as well as celebrate all of your favourite characters on World Book Day.
- 1st March – St David’s Day
- 2nd March – World Book Day
- 8th March – International Women’s Day
- 17th March – St Patrick’s Day
- 19th March – BAFTAs & Mothering Sunday
- 20th March – First Day of Spring
- 22nd March – Start of Ramadan
- 25th March – International Waffle Day
- 26th March – British Summer Time Starts
April Marketing Dates
April Fools! Celebrate planet earth and host your own tea party on National Tea Day alongside England’s St George’s Day. April is also home to Easter, a brilliant time to market for e-commerce businesses.
- 1st April – April Fool’s Day
- 7th April – Good Friday
- 9th April – Easter Sunday
- 10th April – Sibling’s Day/Easter Monday
- 21st April – National Tea Day & Eid al Fitr
- 22nd April – Earth Day
- 23rd April – St. George’s Day
May Marketing Dates
Celebrate Women’s Health Month alongside the royal event of the year, the coronation of Charles III this May 2023. World Cocktail Day offers a fun marketing opportunity whilst World Bee Day seeks to raise awareness.
- 1st May – Early May Bank Holiday
- 4th May – Star Wars Day
- 6th May – Coronation of King Charles III
- 8th May – Bank Holiday in Honour of the Coronation
- 13th May – World Cocktail Day
- 16th May – International Day of Light
- 17th May – World Baking Day
- 20th May – World Bee Day
- 29th May – Spring Bank Holiday
June Marketing Dates
June marks the start of summer and hosts Pride Month alongside a whole host of fun events to add some life to your marketing efforts such as The Big Lunch. If you’re a product-based company, why not plan your Father’s day campaigns early to give your 2023 marketing some sparkle?
- 1st June – Global Day of Parents
- 3rd June – Bicycle Day
- 5th June – The Big Lunch
- 10th June – World Gin Day & National Knit in Public Day
- 18th June – Father’s Day
- 21st June – Summer Solstice / International Day of Yoga
- 24th June – Midsummer’s Day
- 28th June – Eid ul Adha
July Marketing Dates
If you’re short on 2023 marketing ideas, July marks a wide range of fun events including International Day of Friendship and UK Thank You Day which are perfect ways to have fun with your digital marketing.
- 3rd July – UK Thank You Day
- 4th July – American Independence Day
- 7th July – World Chocolate Day
- 14th July – World Emoji Day
- 30th July – International Day of Friendship
- 31st July – National Avocado Day
August Marketing Dates
The school summer holidays are in full swing in August meaning it is a great month for businesses with children and families as their target audience. Parents will also be kitting out for the new year this month meaning targeted campaigns could see a lot of success. Some great August marketing ideas include National Cupcake Day, International Dog Day and more!
- 8th August – International Cat Day
- 13th August – Prosecco Day
- 17th August – National Cupcake Day
- 25th August – National Burger Day
- 26th August International Dog Day
- 28th August – Summer Bank Holiday
September Marketing Dates
Travel businesses all over the country will get ready to celebrate World Tourism Day this September whilst the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning and International Charity Day will offer the opportunity to share more about the behind-the-scenes of your business and team.
- 5th September – International Charity Day
- 6th September – Emergency Services Day
- 10th September – World Suicide Prevention Day
- 21st September – International Day of Peace
- 27th September – World Tourism Day
- 28th September – National Fitness Day
- 30th September – World’s Biggest Coffee Morning
October Marketing Dates
Celebrate all things spooky with our October marketing ideas. Some key marketing dates for 2023 include international coffee day which is great for coffee shops, coffee-related businesses and more. October also celebrates Black History Month, Breast Cancer Awareness Month and Stoptober.
- 1st October – International Coffee Day
- 3rd October – Buy British Day
- 5th October – World Teacher’s Day
- 10th October – World Mental Health Awareness Day
- 25th October – Pumpkin Day
- 31st October – Halloween
November Marketing Dates
Raise awareness this November with Men’s Health Awareness Month & Movember. Firework-themed marketing ideas will go off with a bang whilst one of the biggest sales events of the year, Black Friday 2023 opens for business at the end of the month.
- 1st November – World Vegan Day
- 5th November – Guy Fawkes Night/ Bonfire Night
- 11th November – Remembrance Day
- 14th November – King Charles III’s Birthday
- 23rd November – Thanksgiving
- 24th November – Black Friday
- 28th November – Cyber Monday
- 30th November – St Andrew’s Day
December Marketing Dates
Turbo-charge your Christmas 2023 marketing by planning ahead for the festive holiday dates. December is the perfect time to run sales campaigns and product promotions whilst people are busy buying presents for the holidays. December is also home to some fun marketing dates including Christmas Jumper Day and Hot Chocolate Day which are a great way to add a bit of personality to social media posts.
- 9th December – Christmas Jumper Day
- 13th December – Hot Chocolate Day
- 22nd December – Winter Solstice
- 24th December – Christmas Eve
- 25th December – Christmas Day
- 26th December – Boxing Day
- 31st December – New Year’s Eve
Looking for Advice on Winning Digital Marketing Strategy & Tools?
At SEM Consultants, we’re experts in all things digital marketing. We can help identify a clear digital marketing strategy and utilise the tools you need to ensure marketing success in 2023. To find out more about our digital marketing services, contact our team now online or by calling 0121 552 6500.