It’s a common problem to struggle to find fresh ideas for regular blog posts when boosting your SEO efforts. How do you come up with fresh ideas for blog posts time after time? And how do you make sure those blog posts are going to be found by your audience? Having a process for finding relevant blog topics is an important part of your SEO blog strategy that keeps the creative juices flowing and maintains the flow of traffic to your blog.
Why Have a Process For Generating SEO-Friendly Blog Ideas?
If you want to have a constant, steady flow of original content that is relevant to your brand and target audience, you’ll need a process for generating ideas. Having a defined process saves time on the “thinking stage” as you’ll have all of the blog topics at the ready, waiting to be turned into complete blog posts. Some other benefits to having a system in place for blog content creation include:
- Being able to produce a flow of regular blog posts helps to increase overall search traffic and helps search engines successfully identify your niche.
- You can uncover new ideas or a new take on an old idea to support your SEO content writing.
- A consistent strategy will help to prevent the onset of stress and content fatigue when trying to find new ideas to keep up with your blog schedule.
How Do I Find Blog Post Topics For SEO?
Thankfully, there are a few methods that will help you discover the most relevant blog post topics to suit your consumers whilst enhancing the SEO potential of your content.
Find Out the Pain Points of Your Target Audience
When you know and understand the pain points of your consumers, you can give them the solutions that your business can provide. Think about your buyer persona’s challenges and put yourself in their shoes. Where do they go online for answers, and where are their go-to websites? Content analyser tools like Buzz Sumo boost SEO as they allow you to research your buyer persona’s favourite websites and find the most popular content relating to their challenge or query on social media. Usually, the most shared content will give you topic ideas for blogs that your audience will be searching for.
Complete a Competitor Analysis
Taking a look at your competitors gives you helpful insight into ideas for blogs since you share the same target audience. Semrush has a set of useful SEO tools that help you to identify competitor keywords and spot gaps in your own keyword research. You’ll gain a lot of insightful information about how competitors are ranking for certain keywords as well as the keywords your competitors use for paid ad campaigns. During the analysis, you can identify the search terms your competitors are ranking for as well as the pages and topics that are doing well for them and compare these to the search terms you would like to rank for on Google. All of this keyword research can help you to highlight terms that can be turned into blog posts your audience wants to read.
Utilise Q&A Websites
Popular Q&A websites like Quora.com show you the questions your consumers are asking. A simple search of keywords that relate best to your audience will bring up a host of questions that are currently being asked on the site. The Quora search results show the popular questions that contain the keyword and will provide insight into common challenges faced by your potential customers. Use these questions and queries to provide answers in the form of informative blog posts that are optimised for search engines..
Analyse Your Own SEO Efforts In Google Search Console
When it comes to SEO tools, using Google Search Console is a great way to discover which search queries are used to find your website. Find out which topics your site is ranking for (whether you’re ranking highly or not) and reveal the actual keywords people in your niche are searching for to find you. Discover more about Google Search Console here.
Leverage Google Searches For Blog Ideas
Completing a basic Google search of your business services can offer hints into the types of searches that relate to your consumers. The autocomplete function in the search bar will list a few of the most popular searches related to the services you offer. You can use that function to generate ideas as well as the “People also ask” section on the search results page. This helpful box gives you examples of questions you can use as topics for blogs that will answer that query.
Review Your Case Studies for Blog Topic Ideas
Take a look at the things you do well in your business. It’s good to refer to your case studies so you can make a note of all of the pain points that are solved by your business. If there is something you do particularly well, it’ll be worth creating blog content around that aspect of your brand.
Get Ideas For SEO Blog Content From Others
There’s a wealth of fresh ideas to be found within your marketing team that can give you ideas from another perspective. Often, members of your team who don’t write blog posts can see potential blog ideas. A brainstorming session is great for utilising the collective mind of those around you. If you work alone, try a “brain dump” and note all of your ideas on paper. Making a mind map of all of the words and phrases related to your business can help to highlight potential ideas that have been in the back of your mind.
How Do I Make SEO-Friendly Blog Content?
When you have decided on a blog topic, optimise your well-written content to ensure your target audience finds your blog post. Keep these points in mind when writing for SEO:
- Research the relevant keywords to be used in your blog post. It’s worth remembering that keywords are the search terms used by your consumers so it’s good to know the intent behind the keywords since it will shape the nature of your blog post. Are your customers performing searches to gain information, to make a decision or to buy something? Knowing the intent behind your audience’s searches helps you create blog posts to serve the user with informational, commercial or transactional content. Use a tool like Google Keyword Planner to find additional keywords that will help your blog content to rank higher on search engines.
- Optimise the meta information. Make sure you don’t miss opportunities to enhance the meta description and meta title of your post with relevant keywords to make it more visible to Google.
- Ensure everyone can access the best version of your written content by making sure your post is optimised for mobile phones and tablets.
- Use images to increase your SEO efforts. Add alt text to the photos being used in your blog posts to make your content more accessible and easier to find on search engines.
- Be sure to use style headings like H1, H2 and H3 etc which will aid your visibility in search engines when you use relevant keywords in those headings.
- Link out to other related, quality content within your blog post and create links to your own products or other related blog content within the website.
- Keep things simple by creating user-friendly URLs. Make sure your URL is short and to the point but also describes your blog topic well.
Find SEO Optimised Blog Writing Services
It can be difficult to keep up with the demand of creating a constant supply of search engine optimised blog posts. We understand how tricky it can be so If you would prefer to outsource your content marketing, the SEO blog writing team at SEM Consultants can help. Our team of writers can help to build your brand awareness online and increase your virtual presence with our high-quality blog writing services. To discover more about our SEO services, contact us online or call us on 01215526500.