The term ‘SEM Consultants Ltd’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is
1a Swallowfield Courtyard,
West Midlands, B69 2JG
Our company registration number is 06646284 and registered with Companies House. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
At SEM , we understand that we have a responsibility to protect and respect your privacy and look after your personal data.
This Privacy Notice, inclusive of our General Terms of Service, explains what personal data we collect, how we use your personal data, reasons we may need to disclose your personal data to others and how we store your personal data securely.
For clarity, SEM may be both data controller and data processor for your personal data under certain circumstances.
We must advise that this policy is subject to change, so please check our website on a regular basis for any further changes.
Who are we?
SEM is a provider of Search Engine Marketing services, based in Birmingham. SEM have a registered office at 70 Summer Lane, Birmingham, England, B19 3NG.
How the law protects you
Data protection laws state that we are only able to process personal data if we have valid reasons to do so. The reasons we process your personal data include, but not limited to, your consent, performance of a contract, billing and to contact you.
How do we collect personal data from you?
We receive information about you from you when you use our website, complete forms on our website, if you contact us by phone, email, live-chat or otherwise in respect of any of our products and services or during the purchasing of any such product. Additionally we also collect information from you when you sign up, enter a competition, promotion or survey or when you inform us of any other matter.
What type of data do we collect from you?
The personal data that we may collect from you includes your name, address, email address, phone numbers, payment information and IP addresses. We may also keep details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data. We also retain records of your queries and correspondence, in the event you contact us.
How do we use your data?
We use information about you in the following ways:
- To process orders that you have submitted to us;
- To provide you with products and services;
- To comply with our contractual obligations we have with you;
- To help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us;
- To enable us to review, develop and improve the website and services;
- To provide customer care, including responding to your requests if you contact us
with a query;
- To administer accounts, process payments and keep track of billing and payments;
- To detect fraud and to make sure what you have told us is correct;
- To carry out marketing and statistical analysis;
- To notify you about changes to our website and services;
- To provide you with information about products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes; and
- To inform you of service and price changes.
We will keep your personal data for the duration of the period you are a customer of SEM. We shall retain your data only for as long as necessary in accordance with applicable laws.
On the closure of your account, we may keep your data for up to 7 years after you have cancelled your services with us. We may not be able to delete your data before this time due to our legal and/or accountancy obligations. We may also keep it for research or statistical purposes. We assure you that your personal data shall only be used for these purposes stated herein.
In preventing the use or processing of your personal data, it may delay or prevent us from fulfilling our contractual obligations to you. It may also mean that we shall be unable to provide our services or process the cancellation of your service.
You have the right to object to our use of your personal data, or ask us to delete, remove or stop using it if there is no need for us to keep it. This is known as your right to be forgotten. There are legal and accountancy reasons why we will need to keep your data, but please do inform us if you think we are retaining or using your personal data incorrectly.
Our Privacy Notice shall be made clear to you at the point of collection of your personal data.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. If you choose not to receive marketing communications from us about our products and services, you will have the choice not to choose these by ticking the relevant boxes situated on the pages at sign up.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes unless you have given us your prior consent.
Where we store your personal data
We follow accepted ISO standards to store and protect the personal data we collect, including the use of encryption if appropriate.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secured servers.
Any sensitive data (payment details for example) are encrypted and protected.
Who has access to your personal data?
We work closely with a number of third parties (including business parties, service providers and fraud protection services) and we may receive information from them about you. These third parties may collect information about you including, but not limited to, your IP address, device-specific information, server logs, device event information, location information, and unique application numbers. We use their features within our website, however, in some instances, they may be acting as data controller and they will have their own privacy policies, which we advise you to read.
We may pass your personal data to third parties for the provision of services on our behalf (for example processing your payment). However, we will only ever share information about you that is necessary to provide the service and we have specific contracts in place, which ensure your personal data is secure and will not be used for any marketing purposes.
We may share your information if we are acquired by a third party and therefore your data will be deemed an asset of the business. In these circumstances, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of our business, subject to both parties entering into appropriate confidentiality undertakings. Similarly, we may share your personal data if we are under a duty to disclose data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of SEM, our customers, or others. This includes but is not limited to exchanging information with other
companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction and dispute policies. However, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
We agree to take reasonable measures to protect your data in accordance with applicable laws and in accordance with our General Terms and Conditions.
In the event of a data breach, we shall ensure that our obligations under applicable data protection laws are complied with where necessary.
Please e-mail any questions or comments you have about privacy to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your right to make a complaint
You have the right to make a complaint about how we process your personal data to the Information Commissioner:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113