Your 2020 Marketing Calendar – Key Dates for the Digital Year
Creating a marketing calendar is key to making your digital marketing strategy a success. Planning out a year’s worth of campaign activities gives you a kick-start on your marketing efforts and lets you plan ahead for key dates that might affect your digital marketing. If 2020 is the year you want to kickstart your marketing plans, why not download our ultimate 2020 marketing calendar. Packed full of key dates in the online marketing calendar, you’ll be in the know and ready to go for the year ahead.
Why Should You Create a Marketing Calendar?
If building a marketing campaign calendar is new to you, you may be wondering why you need to create a digital marketing plan. Creating a marketing calendar should be at the top of your list when considering your digital strategy in 2020. Using a content calendar allows you to map out a year’s worth of marketing based on key events that could affect our buyer’s decision-making. This is why it is important to plan your 2020 marketing schedule early.
Download your 2020 Digital Marketing Calendar for FREE here.
What Should a Marketing Calendar Include?
In order to create a digital marketing plan, your marketing calendar should include some main things. These may vary depending on the marketing tools you use and your client base.
- Key Events Across the Year
- Advertising Campaigns
- Social Media Campaigns
- Email Marketing Dates
Key Marketing Dates for 2020 by Month
Like your customers, your digital advertising plans should pay attention to key dates throughout the year. Major national and international events that might influence buyer patterns should all be considered when creating a 2020 digital marketing calendar. Here are some of the key events for 2020 by month.
A month of the post-Christmas slump and Blue Monday (20th January this year). The start of the year is often a time for personal resolutions and new habits with the peak time for people booking their holiday’s. Here are some of the key marketing events for January:
- Wed 1st Jan – New Year’s Day
- Sat 25th Jan – Chinese New Year
- Sun 26th Jan – Australia Day
Known for Valentine’s day and the Superbowl, February promises chilly weather and recovery from the post-Christmas slump. We’ve passed ‘quitter’s day’, the day in January people are most likely to break their new year’s resolutions and are working our way towards the promise of spring. Here are some of the top marketing dates to know in February:
- Tue 14th Feb – Valentine’s Day
- Fri 14th Feb – Start of London Fashion Week
- Tue 25th Feb – Pancake Day
Home to National Pi Day and National Puppy Day, March marks the start of spring and thawing from the winter gloom. Here are some top March marketing days to look out for:
- Thur 5th Mar – World Book Day
- Sun 8th Mar – International Women’s Day
- Tue 17th Mar – St. Patrick’s Day
- Sun 22nd Mar – Mother’s Day
- Sun 22nd Mar – FA Cup Final
April showers may be rife but April heralds the celebration of Easter and chocolate galore. April offers ample marketing opportunities to direct your digital advertising towards, here are some of the key dates.
- Wed 1st Apr – April Fool’s Day
- Sun 7th Apr – World Health Day
- Sun 12th Apr – Easter Sunday
- Thur 23rd Apr – St. George’s Day
The start of wedding season, May offers a wealth of digital marketing dates to add to your calendar as well as national bank holidays to bear in mind.
- Sun 4th May – Star Wars Day
- Tue 5th May – National Teacher’s Day
- Fri 8th May – Bank Holiday (VE Day)
- Mon 25th May – Spring Bank Holiday
A month of iconic sporting events, June ushers in warmer weather. From hug your cat day to world environment day, there are a number of key marketing dates for June 2020 to add to your diary.
- Fri 5th Jun – World Environment Day
- Sun 21st Jun – Father’s Day
- Mon 29th Jun – Wimbledon Begins
A month of independence days and summer evenings, July is summer in full swing. Here are some of the top dates for your digital marketing calendar 2020.
- Independent Retailer Month
- Wed 1st Jul – USA Independence Day
- Mon 13th Jul – Amazon Prime Day
- Wed 22nd Jul – School Holiday Starts
- Fri 24th Jul – Summer Olympics
Download your 2020 Digital Marketing Calendar for FREE here.
Named after the Roman emperor Augustus Caesar, August is home to Yorkshire Day, national smile week and more. Here are some of the key 2020 marketing dates for August.
- Wed 19th Aug – World Photography Day
- Thur 27th Aug – National Burger Day
- Mon 31st Aug – August Bank Holiday
Synonymous with ‘back-to-school’ week, September is prime time for pushing anything school-related and this features heavily in September digital campaign efforts. Also home to the International Day of Peace, here are some of the key September dates to add to your 2020 marketing calendar.
- Thur 3rd Sept – Back to School
- Tue 8th Sept – International Literacy Day
- Sun 13th Sept – Great North Run
- Mon 21st Sept – International Day of Peace
Double double toil and trouble, October is the month for all things spooky. If you are looking for ideas for your 2020 marketing calendar, take a look at some of our most important dates below.
- Thur 21st Oct – National Coffee Day
- Sat 10th Oct – Mental Health Day
- Wed 21st Oct – Autumn Half Term
- Sun 31st Oct – Halloween
The weather is turning colder and Bonfire Night is in full swing, November is king when it comes to key digital marketing dates for 2020 with some of the year’s biggest sales happening.
- Movember month
- Thur 5th Nov – Bonfire Night
- Sun 8th Nov – Remembrance Sunday
- Fri 27th Nov – Black Friday
- Mon 30th Nov – Cyber Monday
The crown of the festive season. If you are looking to catch the last-minute shoppers, December campaigns are key, here are some of the main dates to keep in mind for your marketing calendar 2020.
- Thur 24th Dec – Christmas Eve
- Fri 25th Dec – Christmas Day
- Sat 26th Dec – Boxing Day
- Thur 31st Dec – New Year’s Eve
Looking for a full 2020 marketing calendar with all of the year’s key dates? Click the link below for a PDF marketing calendar with all of the above dates and more.